README FOR OSGI_HENGSIN as of release 6643 (Kenai Project) with additional RuleElementHandler in 2Pack by red1.
Written by Redhuan D. Oon (red1), http://www.red1.org
For background info on the OSGI Project please refer to http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/OSGI_HengSin
1. Perfectly workable ADempiere on plugins
2. JBoss replaced with lighter Tomcat
3. Utilises UUID besides Primary Key for non-conflicts during merging of multiple sources of ADempiere data
4. Higher scalability using Extensions in loosely coupled architecture
5. OSGI console to manage/monitor runtime plugins
6. 2Pack as option during File Export
7. JSR223 Rules included as 2Pack option
8. Easier debugging and build in Eclipse using Buckminster, giving fast deployment cycles
9. More refactoring of code for easier maintainabliity
There are 3 main files in this OSGI folder(with 2 optional ones):
THERE IS NOW A COMBINED ZIP OF BOTH (1) and (2) uploaded as OSGI_client_db.zip.
HOWTO: Unzip ExpDatOSGI.zip and if needed unjar again with >jar -xvf ExpDatOSGI2.jar
Place the ExpDat.dmp in your ADempiereHome>data/
At ADempiereHome>utils/RUN_DBRestore.sh or .bat
NOTE: This ExpDat.dmp is latest 360LTS with all migration scripts applied and UIIDGenerator executed (no need to repeat UUID).
HOWTO: Just unzip into a root folder i.e. D:/ and replace the properties files with your present ADempiere ones.
TO RUN: ./adempiere-client.sh or adempiere-client.bat
HOWTO: Just unzip into another folder.
RUN: ./setup-alt.sh or bat
OR MODIFY your tomcat/server.xml if the connection settings are different:
<Connector port="4443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true"
TO RUN: ./adempiere-server.sh or adempiere-server.bat
Point your browser to http://<DNS/URL>:<port/
4. AfricaApp.zip (optional for testing)
From ADempiere Packin the zip to test the 2Pack module import works.
From ADempiere Packin the zip to test the 2Pack import of data record works.
FOR ASSISTANCE PLEASE FOLLOW THE ETIQUETTE AND ASK IN THE SF FORUM: http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere/forums/forum/610546/topic/4010899