Television broadcast is usually unidirectional. The viewer has limited influence over what is displayed on TV. This can make watching television an unpleasant activity, because the user is exposed to scenes that he had no intention of watching. Examples of such scenes are brutal moments in a movie that are not suitable for children or are advertisements that interrupt a movie.
The AdblockTV project aims at creating a system where a user can select filters and decide what content would be displayed on his/her TV. The system can be used is a similar way as Adblock Plus is being used with browsers. A user's STB device would download special filters indexing TV advertisments or uwanted content in live TV broadcasts/movies. Then a STB device would recognize scenes described by filters and decide how to present a content depending on user preferences. The AdblockTV can also be used in a distributed manner, where advanced server side content analysis algorithms tag live TV broadcasts.
- high-performance live TV tagging server
- pure Java framework for black-box content analysis algorithms
- multi-processor and cluster systems support
- dedicated algorihms for video processing and video clips recognition
- flexible GUI for tagging TV broadcasts and movies
- TV free from commercials and unwanted content
Be the first to post a review of AdblockTV!