AssaultCube is a FREE, multiplayer, first-person shooter game, based on the CUBE engine. Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun!
With efficient bandwidth usage, it's low-latency and can even run over a 56Kbps connection. It's tiny too, weighing in at a lightweight 40 MB package available for Windows, Mac and Linux. On the correct settings, it can even run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
See more @ http://assault.cubers.net
- It's FREE.
- Source code is available under a zlib-like open source license.
- Low latency, it can even run across a 56Kbps connection!
- Lightweight size, only 40MB to download, plus additional maps average 20KB each!
- With the correct settings, it can run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
- Officially runs on most major systems, and maybe even some non-major ones?
- Has a built in, in-game map editor to help players create their own maps and allows for co-operative editmode in realtime with others!
- Features a single-player bot system.
- Supports recording of your game by the "demo" system.
- Contains 12 multiplayer game modes, including: Deathmatch, Survivor, Capture the Flag, Hunt the Flag, Keep the Flag, Pistol Frenzy, Last Swiss Standing & One-Shot One-Kill (plus team versions of these modes).
- Comes pre-packaged with 26 different maps!
Exciting, fast-paced, and free, AssaultCube provides countless hours of fun on even modest hardware across multiple operating systems. Binaries are provided for Windows, Linux, and Mac which work out of the box, but best of all runs natively on FreeBSD.
This game does not require a lot of resources, and it is excellent!
Easy for use.
How can someone dislike this? I mean, I know this is not COD or Battlefield, but... this is free, and multi-platform... Also, much smaller than other games, and fun in a way COD games will never be...
game of my childhood!