AssaultCube is a FREE, multiplayer, first-person shooter game.
AssaultCube is a FREE, multiplayer, first-person shooter game, based on the CUBE engine. Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun!
With efficient bandwidth usage, it's low-latency and can even run over a 56Kbps connection. It's tiny too, weighing in at a lightweight 40 MB package available for Windows, Mac and Linux. On the correct settings, it can even run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
See more @ http://assault.cubers.net
- It's FREE.
- Source code is available under a zlib-like open source license.
- Low latency, it can even run across a 56Kbps connection!
- Lightweight size, only 40MB to download, plus additional maps average 20KB each!
- With the correct settings, it can run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
- Officially runs on most major systems, and maybe even some non-major ones?
- Has a built in, in-game map editor to help players create their own maps and allows for co-operative editmode in realtime with others!
- Features a single-player bot system.
- Supports recording of your game by the "demo" system.
- Contains 12 multiplayer game modes, including: Deathmatch, Survivor, Capture the Flag, Hunt the Flag, Keep the Flag, Pistol Frenzy, Last Swiss Standing & One-Shot One-Kill (plus team versions of these modes).
- Comes pre-packaged with 26 different maps!
One of my top regularly used apps. I just love this program and use it for years now. Never had any problems with it. Highly recommended!
Great free shooter! I think he has good prospects to leave the gaming market!
Fast, fun, highly addictive little FPS for the PC. Simple, yet complex enough to keep you playing for years. ;) 5/5...fantastic job. I'm really looking forward to future versions of this game. Keep on rockin'! :)
Great game, low on RAM and CPU but with plenty of FPS. I get 200 FPS with settings put to "insane" on my computer`s hardware. Keep up the good work and i hope that the new version is ported to the linux repo`s as well.