ACMapperObject is a set of scripts that can be added to a web page to provide an interface for the attaching files and textual information to locations on a map. It was designed to give the user the maximum flexibility without requiring any significant programming. Once created and attached to a web page, ACMapper handles all of the user-interface requirements. The application writer defines the functionality of ACMapper in a configuration object. The application writer also designs the basic page layout and graphics and aMapApp3 drops the interface elements into the designated locations on the page. The web application is free to add to the page whatever additional functionality it needs.
Originally created at Amherst College, ACMapperObject has been spun-off as a community-developed open source project under the MIT/X license.
Current release candidate does not include documentation.
- User created map markers
- Ability to upload a variety of file types to each location
- Blogs for each location/file
- Text information for each location/file
- Image viewer with zoom, tiling and slide show capabilities
- Support for multiple languages
- Support for user groups
- Support for grouping locations
- Setup scripts
- User defined configuration object
- User defined location types
- Repository search capabilities
Be the first to post a review of ACMapperObject!