The Access Road software is a universal simulator of access controls that is intended to improve design and auditing of IT security.
Access Road offers the out-of-the-box simulations of GNU/Linux Ubuntu® (components and rights on the file system), MySQL Server®, and a generic Role-Based-Access-Control application to adapt to your needs.
It is designed for database, system, and application administrators, IT architects and developers, auditors.
Access Road provides a full simulation of MySQL Server. This includes the components, the users, the hosts and the privileges at any level.
The focus is on IT weak configurations, executing environments (malware analysis) and people authorizations.
Reliability and the ability to explain the results are the main objectives. A 80 pages tutorial is provided. A powerful framework allows new simulations to be added.
Access Road simulates and explains, combining complete modeling, visual results and detailed texts.
- Java application for a desktop computer
- unique in-memory object-oriented database system
- generic GUI for all the simulations (multi-frames, multi-MVC pattern)
- multi-threaded diagrams updated on-the-fly at each property change
- fast generic algorithms to find all the access paths
- program-generated texts to explain each simulation
- simulates Linux Ubuntu 8.04 (UGO rights, authorizations, two capabilities)
- simulates a Role-Based Access Control application (tree of roles, ACLs)
- simulates MySQL Server (privileges, privilege sorting at any level)
- simulates a given software by the way of generic properties
- simulates software by copying and editing a current simulation
- views with up to 48 objects to display all the current access paths
- other views to control if the users fulfill the maximum/minimum rights
- powerful framework to include add-ons for new complex simulations
Be the first to post a review of Access Road!