Interesting in being part of a rapidly emerging opensource application? Here is your chance:
RSSOwl is a well known feedreader with a large user-base. Since 2005 the team is working on RSSOwl 2, a brand new version that has nothing in common with version 1, except for the name.
While the application has made a huge progress, the website is more or less where it was, when version 1 was still around.
The idea is to create a brand new website for RSSOwl 2.
The domains rssowl.org and rssowl.de receive 500-1000 unique visits per day, with an overall traffic of up to 50 GB per month. The application is
download up to 1000 times per day.
We are currently using and old version of Drupal and I think for the new website, Drupal would be a wise decision as well. The new website has the following larger requirements
that should all be integrated under a common look.
- News (including being a Blog with RSS feeds)
- Forum (I would like to move away from the SF forums, maybe something like phpBB would make sense)
- Wiki (we already have http://wiki.rssowl.org but its not integrating into the website at all)
- Bugzilla (we already have http://dev.rssowl.org but its not integrating into the website at all)
- Several Content Areas (Help, Downloads, Contributing,...)
- Users (ideally single sign on: a user could log in once to post comments, bugs, wiki pages, etc)
I like the current UI of the website, so I don't think much is needed in that respect. However, if you have ideas for a better UI, I am open to any suggestions.
If you think you match this profile of the next webdesigner of RSSOwl.org, please contact me! I can be reached
easily from http://rssowl.org/contact
PS: We are willing to donate some money from our sponsors for good work!
|Database Environment :: Network-based DBMS :: MySQL||Competent||6 Mo - 2 yr|
|Programming Language :: PHP||Competent||6 Mo - 2 yr|
|Topic :: Formats and Protocols :: Data Formats :: HTML/XHTML||Competent||2 yr - 5 yr|