How to do some simple modifications?

• Dave

Hey all,
    I'd like to make a simple modification to the Python scripts but I've never used this language I need some help.  Currently, I'm using this script to convert images:
    exec("python <path>");
    There is one thing I'd like to do.  Instead of saving the files in the same directory as the image is located, I'd like to save to a sub-folder appropriately called "zoomified" in that directory.  I looked through the different files, but didn't see that as a setting that could easily be changed. The above code saves the tiled images to  I'd like it save it in

...pretty easy, I'd imagine, but being unfamiliar with both Python and the scripts poses a challenge.

• adam smith
      adam smith

You can set the following variable in _v_saveToLocation. This can be done manually, or if you look at the code, you can see how to easily pass it as a command line argument.

If this doesn't sound like an attractive option, another possibility is just to wrap this in a shell script that creates the directory and moves the file around. (It won't actually move data around, but just reset filesystem nodes.)

If you need something more customized, or just don't want to do this work, feel free to contact me directly at asmith at agile-software dot com and I can do this for you.