Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

New Release Announcement (version 1.3)

adam smith
2007-07-03
2013-05-02
  • adam smith
    adam smith
    2007-07-03

I have released a new version of ZoomifyImage, version 1.3 tonight. It fixes a significant bug and adds two new contributions. Here is the changelog:

7/2/2007
    - fixed a bug that leads to the following exception on some images:
        H:\temp\zoom>python "c:\Documents and Settings\dball\Desktop\ZoomifyImage\ZoomifyFileProcessor.py" 948.jpg
        Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "c:\Documents and Settings\dball\Desktop\ZoomifyImage\ZoomifyFileProcessor.py", line 135, in ?
          processor.ZoomifyProcess(sys.argv[1:])
        File "c:\Documents and Settings\dball\Desktop\ZoomifyImage\ZoomifyFileProcessor.py", line 127, in ZoomifyProcess
          self.processImage()
        File "c:\Documents and Settings\dball\desktop\ZoomifyImage\ZoomifyBase.py", line 207, in processImage
          self.processRowImage(tier=tier, row=row)
        File "c:\Documents and Settings\dball\desktop\ZoomifyImage\ZoomifyBase.py", line 291, in processRowImage
          tempImage.save(root + str(tier) + '-' + str(row) + ext)
        File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 1405, in save
          save_handler(self, fp, filename)
        File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PIL\JpegImagePlugin.py", line 409, in _save
          ImageFile._save(im, fp, [("jpeg", (0,0)+im.size, 0, rawmode)])
        File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\PIL\ImageFile.py", line 490, in _save
          e.setimage(im.im, b)
        SystemError: tile cannot extend outside image
    - added a new user contribution from Donald Ball and updated documentation accordingly.

Thanks to Donald Ball for alerting me to the above bug and for helping me diagnose it. Donald also added a contribution, "a class to process a source directory of mixed files (images and other media) and write the zoomify directories to a separate destination
    directory."

This update also includes Fran Firman's pbmtools contribution which has been in CVS since the last release.