Help
MaartenT
2007-07-11
2013-06-05
  • MaartenT
    MaartenT
    2007-07-11

Hi,

It would be great if znc could automatically auth me with Q upon connecting with Quakenet.
    I think it can be done with the perform module, but i don't know how.
    Who can tell me how to, please ?

Thnx a lot.

• MentalFS
      MentalFS
      2007-07-11

It should work with
      /msg *perform add msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org AUTH <username> <password>

Of course you have to load the module before with
      /msg *status loadmod perform
      or via config

• MaartenT
        MaartenT
        2007-07-11

Well it even works by doing just /msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org AUTH <username> <password> ,but both commands require logging on to znc with a client and manually entering the command.
        What i rather have is znc to auth for me.

I tried putting the command in de znc.conf like this:

LoadModule = perform /msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org AUTH <username> <password>

But that didnt work. Maybe i got the syntax wrong or it doesnt work at all ?

• Daniel Schmitz
      Daniel Schmitz
      2007-07-11

Hi,
      you have to work with the IRC protocol messages (not with mIRC or other IRC client commands).

In your case it'll be:

/msg *perform add PRIVMSG q@cserve.quakenet.org :AUTH username password

And you CANT add perform commands via the arguments in the LoadModule line in the znc.conf!
      You have to add it the way we wrote.

Best reagards

• MaartenT
        MaartenT
        2007-07-12

So if i understand you correct i can't get znc to automatically auth me with Q ?

Why is it exactly i should use

/msg *perform add PRIVMSG q@cserve.quakenet.org :AUTH <username> <password>

instead of

/msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org AUTH <username> <password>

Th latter does seem to work fine too when issued in xchat while connected to znc ?

• Psychon
          Psychon
          2007-07-12

Hi,

when you do

you are telling znc to send the auth message to Q when znc reconnects the next time (it isnt send at the time you do this).

So after you did this, znc will auth you with Q on the next connect (if the perform module is loaded).

and
          /msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org AUTH <username> <password>
          are *not* the same, the latter auth you with Q, the first one tells znc to auth you with Q on the next reconnect.

-psychon