[Xchat + ZNC] Unable to not bounce DCCs

Help
2009-02-23
2013-06-05
  • Leonardo C.
    Leonardo C.
    2009-02-23

Hi.. since I've tried a lot of things with no results.. I thought I give it a shot asking here :)

I'm using XChat(2.8.6) with ZNC(0.062) and trying to configure things so that I can save the files sent to me on my server machine(where ZNC is).

With BounceDCCs set to false, no matter what I do it tries to save the file in my local machine, generating an error.
    With BounceDCCs set to true, (DCCLookupMethod set to default) I can redirect dcc's to my local machine normally, but that's not what I want.

I guessing mostly likely the problem lies somewhere else than in ZNC, but anyways, any ideas?

Local Machine:
    Ubuntu 8.10 [Linux 2.6.27-11-generic [i686/2.40GHz/SMP]

• Psychon
      Psychon
      2009-02-23

Uhm, why do you think ZNC would allow you to save DCCs on the box ZNC is running on? That would be possible, but isn't implemented.

• Leonardo C.
      Leonardo C.
      2009-02-23

Well, I was told other bncs had this feature(or perhaps had it added by shell providers), so I just assumed ZNC had it too... 

In my case the server(box) is also mine, root access and all, so for many reasons I would like to store the files I get there.

Would you consider getting it done in the future? If I didn't still suck at C++ I would contribute with this myself.. :)