Help
DerGrinch
2009-09-15
2013-06-05
  • DerGrinch
    DerGrinch
    2009-09-15

Hey,
    I don't really know if its a bug or a feature: savebuffs saves lines even when I'm online and prints them when I reconnect. For example:

I'm online (chatting with xchat over the znc), someone gives me op:
    * marci4 gibt Op-Status an DerGrinch

Next day (I was sleeping etc), I connect to ZNC and get this:
    <*savebuff> 1252956703 marci4!marci4@marci4.user.OnlineGamesNet MODE +o DerGrinch

I use savebuff because I want to know which mode/nick-changes happens when I'm not online. But I don't want to be rembered what happend when I was online the last time (this gets really annoying in a 300-user-channel after you stayed connected for 4 days - you'll be flooded with lots of nickchanges)

Is there a way to disable this behaviour or is it intended? If it's intended, would there be an option to disable it with a parameter?

Greets,
    DerGrinch

(I'm still using ZNC 0.066 (Don't want to loose my 27-weeks-uptime), if this module has been fixed since then please tell me)

• Psychon
    Psychon
    2009-09-15

Try the  module instead. You might be able to compile it with znc-buildmod for your znc version (if it's not yet included in 0.066, too lazy to check. :P).

psychon

: http://en.znc.in/wiki/Buffextras

• Steven
    Steven
    2009-09-17

Just want to thank **psychon** for the suggestion of switching to **buffextras**. I've been experiencing the same annoying playback "issue" as dergrinch (even with the latest release) and switching appears to have resolved it.

• DerGrinch
    DerGrinch
    2009-09-19

Yes, worked for me too. Thanks for the hint ;)

Greets,
    DerGrinch

btw: there is a bug in the wiki. I'm unable to view the english wiki, it always redirect me to the german one (It's good to have a translation, but I'm sure the english pages are newer)