Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Mac OS X Mountain Lion, ZBar Python Module

Help
felix
2013-07-05
2013-10-10
  • felix
    felix
    2013-07-05

Built my own and tried the libzbar.a from the SDK but got this both times:

import zbar
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zbar.so, 2): Symbol not found: __zbar_error_string
    Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zbar.so
    Expected in: flat namespace
    in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zbar.so

Any ideas are appreciated.

I had to add the option --disable-dependency-tracking to configure to get it to complile in case that could be a problem.
    ./configure --disable-video --without-xshm --without-gtk --without-qt --without-xv --without-jpeg --without-imagemagick --disable-dependency-tracking

Tried getting it with homebrew, too, but there were issues. Still looking into it.

• felix
    felix
    2013-07-24

Somehow a wrong library seems to have ended up on the path. Works now.

Last edit: felix 2013-07-24
    • space_fountain
      space_fountain
      2013-10-10

Did you do anything to fix it. I did almost exactly the same thing am and getting the same error.

• space_fountain
    space_fountain
    2013-10-10

Did you do anything to fix it. I did almost exactly the same thing am and getting the same error.