ZBARCAM crashing

• So when i launch in Windows the latest zbarcam everything works, however i did notice that often the camera preview screen freezes permanently requiring me to close the program and restart.  It seems to happen when i keep throwing barcodes to it or wave an image really quickly in front of the camera. not exactly sure whats causing the freezing but wanted to see if anyone else is experincing these issues.

• spadix

Note that the Windows port is in an unstable, testing phase.

We expect the stability will improve when we integrate support for DirectShow (ref Feature Request 3128414)…

• CD1

I am also having this issue. I would scan lots of QR codes on google images and it would last for maybe 10 or 15 scans then the preview window freezes and I have to restart the program. And if I close the MS Dos window where all the urls are it hangs the program and I have to hard close it but when I close the preview screen it closes normally. I have version 0.10 which can read QR codes. It lags when I try to read large QR codes but comes back when I move away. Great little program It plays nice with my PS2 eyetoy camera with the focus and it does what I want but it just freezes too much.

• We have several reports that Windows problem cease when using zbarw project. This is the same project but developed in the direction Spadix mentioned. So please try https://sourceforge.net/projects/zbarw/files/ and report if it improves.