Android Studio importing zbar

Matthias
2013-05-17
2013-09-01
  • Matthias
    Matthias
    2013-05-17

Can anyone help me importing zBar into my project?
    I'm using android Studio and got stuck by including zbar... Is it a file, a module or a directory?
    at the import part, whats the path then?

kr

• hey Matthias u can download the zbar zip file and follow the steps written in readma.txt
      i wish i helped u with this issue

• Wespen
    Wespen
    2013-08-01

unpack zip to your project libs folder and ust add this to your build gradle (until Google fixes AS)

dependencies {
    compile files('libs/zbar.jar')
    }

• cnohara
    cnohara
    2013-09-01

Hi, I just downloaded the latest Android Studio 0.2.6 and I am creating a brand new project in which to import zbar. I tried using the above instructions, but it doesn't work for me.

First of all, I don't see any project libs folder in my newly created Android Studio project. Where is this project libs folder?

So I just tried to manually create a libs folder in my project and I put the zbar files inside. However, this doesnt work. I added a screenshot of what Im trying to do.

Any help would be great! Thank you.

Attachments
  • cnohara
    cnohara
    2013-09-01

Sorry, I was using the wrong build gradle file. My new setup can be seen in the attachment. I used the correct build gradle file and the app now compiles correctly, but it crashes on startup. The error is:

09-01 15:52:30.501: W/dalvikvm(5574): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Lnet/sourceforge/zbar/ImageScanner;

09-01 15:52:30.511: E/AndroidRuntime(5574): Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load library: link_image[1891]: 209 could not load needed library 'libiconv.so' for 'libzbarjni.so' (load_library[1093]: Library 'libiconv.so' not found)

09-01 15:52:30.511: E/AndroidRuntime(5574): at net.sourceforge.zbar.ImageScanner.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

Thank you

Attachments