2012-03-11
2013-05-22
  • Lisa Huang
    Lisa Huang
    2012-03-11

Welcome to Android Developers

• Anonymous
    2012-04-02

Hi lisah0 I have tried the library - it works perfectly - it scans the qr code and it does give me the result but the problem I am getting is that when I zoom into the code to scan it, it is really hard to focus on the code as when the camera preview opens up , it goes in  different directions.
    If I move my phone towards right, the camera preview goes towards top and if i move it towards left it goes towards bottom.
    Can you please help me in sorting this out.
    Thanks

• king0fpain
    king0fpain
    2012-04-05

@Developer:
    "CameraTest" is a pretty basic example and it may have problems with the display orientation.
    You should develop your own application.

• Lisa Huang
    Lisa Huang
    2012-04-05

Yeah, like king0fpain said, the example is really simple to just show how to drop in the ZBar scanner.
    I would start with using the CameraPreview from the Android API Demos and go from there.

• Anonymous
    2012-05-21

Hello,
    I've got one Question:
    Is it possible to use the Android SDK in a Android 2.1 Project ?

All in all it would be nice, if someone adds an android tutorial just like the one for the iphone sdk.
    Thank you

• Anonymous
    2012-08-05

Hi,

Thank you very much for the ZBar Android SDK. It works great for me. I have a lot of apps in which I plan to use ZBar image scanner. So I made this library project to make my life easier: https://github.com/DushyanthMaguluru/ZBarScanner. It might be helpful for anyone wanting to try the SDK.

The code is based on the ZBar Android SDK sample and also based on the CameraPreview app from the Android SDK API Demos.

Thanks!

• Hello,

How do I disable the scans that aren't related to barcodes such as EAN and APC. In simple words, I just want the app to scan for barcodes on products you could find on a supermarket.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm currently using a sightly modified version of the demo provided within the package.