Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Version confusion?

2009-10-02
2013-05-28
  • Andy Fielding
    Andy Fielding
    2009-10-02

Great game! Your file says "0.2.9", but the game screen says "1.09705a". Which is correct?

• That's weird…. I don't recall displaying the version anywhere. The version is 0.2.9 as the file says. Where did you see that 1.09705a displayed ?

• Andy Fielding
    Andy Fielding
    2009-10-11

Oh, sorry, this is funny… It wasn't a version number. See, I played it one time, and set a "high score" (the only score). So the next time I ran it, this appeared on the startup screen:

1. 09705 a

…because "a" was the name I'd entered, and I didn't notice the space after "1." (which is smaller than it appears here).

Well, it's _partly_ your fault for not saying "High Scores".  :?D

Anyway, fabulous game… It's hard to believe only about 300 people have DL'd it so far. Do you think this could be because it's such a relatively DL for a 2D game—over 40 MB)? (Just wondering—is there any special reason why it needs to be that big?)

• 0.3.1 is currently 19MB. The reason it was so big it because the textures were all in png. I converted what I could to jpg and recompressed the music files.

When it comes to highscores….. good point :)