YuLastfm is a Perl plugin for pidgin. YuLastfm fetches currently playing track information from
Last.fm, and uses this information to update Pidgin's Tune Status, aka Now Playing, periodically.
Since version 0.3.0, YuLastfm provides another interesting function that help you share the
songs' links on Last.fm to your friends.
* Pidgin 2.5.4 or later
* For Linux user:
Copy yulastfm.pl to ~/.purple/plugins/,
and then copy no_artwork.png to ~/.purple/yulastfm
You can achieve this by giving the following commands.
$ mkdir -p ~/.purple/plugins ~/.purple/yulastfm
$ cp yulastfm.pl ~/.purple/plugins
$ cp no_artwork.png ~/.purple/yulastfm
Since version 0.3.0, yulastfm also depends on libgtk2-perl package.
For Ubuntu or Debian users, simply apt-get libgtk2-perl package.
$ sudo apt-get install libgtk2-perl
For other distros, please refer to the related distro websites for more
* For Windows user: [not have been tested yet in version 0.3.0]
Before you can use this plugin, you have to install ActivePerl.
You may visit the pidgin wiki for more information about that.
At section "Why doesn't my Perl plugin show up in the Plugins dialog?"
You could download ActivePerl here.
You also need to install Gtk2-perl package to make YuLastfm work.
Refer to official Gtk2-perl website for more information.
After you make sure you have installed ActivePerl and gtk2-perl, you have
to copy yulastfm.pl to one of the following directory.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\.purple\plugins
And copy no_artwork.png to the directory
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\.purple\yulastfm
* Before do further configuration, you should install this plugin first.
* Open pidgin, then you can find it in Plugins List by the following menu path
Tools -> Plugins
or using the hotkeys
* After find out YuLastfm on the Plugins List, you can configure it through click on the
* There are only two preferences you need to setup,"Last.fm User" and "Refreshing Rate (per sec.)."
* "Last.fm User" is the Last.fm user account you want to fetch now playing information.
You don't need the password to make it work.
* "Refresh Rate (per sec.)" is the time period between each refresh action.
Generally, the default value, 60, is a reasonable refresh rate.
Be aware not to set this value too small to let Last.fm website to regard this as a hostile attack.
USER INITIATIVE REFRESH
* You can find this action through the following menu path:
* The occasion you would like to use it is:
1. You want to refresh the information from Last.fm "Right Away."
2. You just change the Refresh Rate of YuLastfm from the Plugins List, and want the newly setted
value active right away. If you don't do this, the new Refresh Rate will not replace the old
one untill the next plugin reload or Pidgin restart.
SLASH COMMAND /yulastfm
* In an IM conversation, you can share the songs' links on Last.fm to your friend by using
slash command /yulastfm. After you key-in slash command /yulastfm in your conversation box,
a Gtk2 widget will pop up, and then you could click the track which you would like to share
with your friend. YuLastfm will send the Last.fm link to your friend.
* Project Homepage
* Bug Report and Discussion
Open Discussion (need to have a SourceForge.net account to post):
Help Forum (allow anonymous post):
* Lin, Chih-Chun <email@example.com>