Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Failed to find resource

Help
Teki Chan
2010-04-21
2013-04-25
  • Teki Chan
    Teki Chan
    2010-04-21

In the Logon page http://localhost/yawebmail/logon.jsf , after I clicked Logon button, no matter what I have inputted or even nothing was inputted, it was redirected to http://localhost/yawebmail/retrieveDisplayPartContentServlet.svl/logon.jsp and showed the following error:

JSP Processing Error
    HTTP Error Code:   404
    Error Message:
    JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /retrieveDisplayPartContentServlet.svl/logon.jsp
    Root Cause:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /retrieveDisplayPartContentServlet.svl/logon.jsp
        at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.findWrapper(AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.java:322)
        at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.java:284)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3548)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:269)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:818)
        at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1478)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:126)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:458)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:387)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102)
        at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:196)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:751)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:881)
        at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1497)

How could I solve it? Please help.

• Stephan Sann
    Stephan Sann
    2010-04-21

Something seems to be completely messed up in your Webcontainer-configuration.

The "retrieveDisplayPartContentServlet.svl" normaly comes into play when an eMail is being displayed, not during login!

An URL like "http://localhost/yawebmail/retrieveDisplayPartContentServlet.svl/logon.jsp" should never appear anyway. A 404 is perfectly normal in this case.

As I said I'm not a WebSphere expert, so I can not help you with the configuration. Maybe you could ask for help at IBM or a proper forum…

Good luck!

• Teki Chan
    Teki Chan
    2010-04-23

When I read the source code of the HTML output of logon.jsf, its form was

<form id="logonForm" name="logonForm" method="post" action="/yawebmail/retrieveDisplayPartContentServlet.svl/logon.jsp" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

Was the code generated wrongly?

• Stephan Sann
    Stephan Sann
    2010-04-23

Indeed this is rendered wrong.

Should be:
    <form id="logonForm" name="logonForm" method="post" action="/yawebmail/logon.jsf" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

See:
    https://www.openwebtools.org/yawebmail/

• Teki Chan
    Teki Chan
    2010-04-24

Well, as it was rendered wrongly.

Why did it happen?
    How can I solve it?

Thanks.

• Stephan Sann
    Stephan Sann
    2010-04-24

As I told you. It's a misconfiguration in your WebSphere, for that I'm not an expert.

My advice - if possible - change to JBoss or WebLogic. WebSphere has always been a troublemaker…

• Teki Chan
    Teki Chan
    2010-04-25

Would you advise which part in yawebmail is responsible for generating the URL of the form action field, please? I would like to trace the Application Server configuration through it. Thanks.

• Stephan Sann
    Stephan Sann
    2010-04-25

The URL in not being generated by yawebmail. Its generated by JSF (Java Server Faces - a framework to create Web-Applications).

So if you're brave at heart, get yourself the sources of JSF and do a remote-debugging against WebSphere. Hint: The FacesServlet (javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet) is a good point to set a first breakpoint…

• Teki Chan
    Teki Chan
    2010-04-26

Thanks for your reply.

1. Here is the list of libraries loaded. Are they enough?

file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/odc-jsf.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-el-1.0.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/jsf-ibm.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/jstl-1.1.0.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-discovery-0.4.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/activation-1.1.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/oro-2.0.8.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/myfaces-impl-1.1.5.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/myfaces-api-1.1.5.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-lang-2.3.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-io-1.3.2.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-digester-1.8.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/logkit-1.0.1.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/mail-1.4.2-20081209.230559-10.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/tomahawk-1.1.6.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/libidn-0.6.7.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-fileupload-1.2.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar
    file:/usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps/appsvrCell01/yawebmail_war.ear/yawebmail_ibm.war/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.12.jar

2. Can I replace the libraries with the latest version of MyFaces?

Thanks.