Menu

Credits

dmex04
2010-03-15
2013-04-30
  • dmex04

dmex04 - 2010-03-15

Process Hacker seems to be missing from YAPM's credits, Where you planning to add us at some stage?

• Glenn Caleval

Glenn Caleval - 2011-01-07

I found YAPM as part of my effort to end the crashes and resource intensity of Process Hacker, but having a broader scope than Process Explorer. I'm grateful for whatever previous work PH contributed to YAPM, but as a user I am hoping that YAPM is still being developed.  This question about credit is the most recent content I can find about the program.

Does YAPM have coders working on its development?

If so, are they open to suggestions? Mine is to have a view that is parent-child rather than process name - parent, more closely resembling Process Explorer. It is just visually easier for me if I can see the parent with the children indented.

Regardless, I greatly appreciate the extended features of YAPM and actually run it alongside Process Explorer to get the full appreciation of what is going on in my system. Process Hacker was my "run when needed, but try not to need it" solution before I found YAPM.

Many thanks to all who work on these kinds of projects.

• wj32

wj32 - 2011-01-07

caleval, what version of Process Hacker did you try? Process Hacker's memory usage is much lower than Process Explorer's on my machine.

• violent_ken

violent_ken - 2011-01-07

Hi,
    Development of YAPM is not terminated, but I could not release a new version for a long time for 2 main reasons: the code source is being refactored (even not committed as my code wouldn't compile for now), and I do not have as much time as before (cause of my job).
    Concerning Process Hacker, you should try version 2.10. Versions 2.x are written in C (not .Net) which significantly reduces the memory usage.

• Glenn Caleval

Glenn Caleval - 2011-01-07

It is always satisfying to discover someone who contributes to the community through open source has to delay or even abandon development because they have real work that pays rewards their efforts. I have no need to switch away from YAPM as it does a wonderful job with some extra features others do not provide. For me the purely cosmetic question of how processes can be displayed is a wish, not a requirement. Process Hacker's memory usage is less of an issue for me than the fact that it crashes Explorer when certain other software is running.

Sincerely, thank you for your efforts,

Glenn Caleval