It has been long since the last Stable release. This new yapig is more or less the 0.94u but with some bugfixes and updates. All users of yapig are encouraged to update their versions. Some vulnerabilities have been published on security pages and might be used by malicious people. The main changes of this release are:
* Updated Exifier to version 1.5. Thanks to Sebastien.
* Added Polish translation (0.92b). Thanks to Kwachu (kwasimir).
* Updated Catal translation (0.92b). Thanks to Cai Roig Roca (cairoige @@@ tinet.org)
* Updated Italian translation (0.92b). Thanks to Lucio Benfante (benfy).
* Updated German translation. Thanks to Sven Schfer <pointer @@@ linux-blog.de>
* Updated French translation. Thanks to Sebastien <sebastieng @@@ pointbat.be>... read more
Well, in the world there are many people that has quite a lot free time (even they have time to take a look to yapig's source code!) and help us to live in a more safe computer software world. So some vulnerabilities have been discovered in yapig's code. You can take a look on them on:
http://www.osvdb.org/searchdb.php?vuln_title=&vuln_title_search_type=and&disclosure_date1=&disclosure_date2=&ext_ref_value=&ext_ref_search_type=and&ext_ref_type=0&text=&ext_txt_search_type=and&vendor=NaTaSaB&vendor_search_type=exact&base=&base_search_type=and&version=&version_search_type=and&search=search... read more
For some days the packaged version 0.94 was in reality 0.93 instead. If you donwloaded 0.94 recently and appears 0.93 as the script version you must download the script again.
* Updated Spanish Translation.
* Display some Exif information if available on the pic. Using exifier 1.4
* Slideshow. Thanks to Keith Nicholson (www.keithnicholson.net)
* Display current page and number of the image.
* SAFE MODE installation better explained.(#1070572)
* Security fix: now password protected galleries cannot change their
* Resolved escaped \' and \" on captions (#959969)
* Problems deleting files created with Yapig due to default server umask
* FINALLY FIXED JS Zoom stuff. Thanks to Christian Taepper fix! (#1025155)
* Stats dissapear due to concurrent access to text database files.... read more
There is a bug that makes files created by yapig impossible to delete via ftp or ssh. This is because of the default user mask of the user running PHP. It is already solved on the CVS version, but for users that have 0.93u (latest) or previous, there is a patch on:
It's has been ages since I could update the CVS. Since 0.93 it is running again, I will try to keep it up to date. The module that will be with the last version will be yapig (all lowercase). There are other modules on the CVS, but forget them.
After a long time we come back with a new release. This time many bugs have been fixed and has some little new features. Here is the changelog:
* Added Slovak translation (0.92). Thanks to Andrej Zatko
* Added Norwegiam translation (0.92). Thanks to Bernt Egil Berntzen (zenmed)
* Added Japanese translation (0.92). Thanks to Tadashi Jokagi (elf2000)
* Added Finnish translation (0.92). Thanks to Miikka Mttl (mixxu)
* Added Hungarian translation (0.92). Thanks to Greg J. (greggood)
* Added Romanian translation (0.92). Thanks to Mat (kamikadzee)
* Added Galician language translation (0.92). Thanks to Rashgaroc (http://surf.to/rashgaroc )
* Updated Swedish language (0.92). Thanks to Jasmin Z.
* Updated Czech translation (0.92). Thanks to Jiri Cincura.
* last_gallery.php. Now you can display the last gallery you added in other pages
* User Interface (admin not yet) validated using XHTML Strict.
* W3C validator Valid CSS.
* Auto select browser language.
* Auto select language charset.
* index.html with redirections instead of blank files.
* Added posibility to have multiple columns in gallery index (config.php)
* Added allow configure multiple admin accounts (config.php)
* Admin can order index of galleries using Yapig's web-admin.
* Email notification when a new comment is posted.
* Added security advices after install.... read more
We have available two new translations thanks to Bernt Egil Berntzen (zenmed) and Andrej Zatko. You can get them from the patch pages:
Slovak (lang-id = sk)
Remember you must update your yapig to version 0.92.2 (due to security bugs)
During August Acidbits found a PHP insertion vulnerability, he sent me an email, post a bug (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1007246&group_id=93674&atid=605076) and added a report on security pages such as SecurityFocus (http://securityfocus.com/bid/10891). I have been on holidays so I couldn't release a patched version before.
This is a heavy security bug, so users with versions previous to 0.92.2 must update their Yapig. There is an Exploit available so even script kiddies can play.... read more
Thanks to Tadashi Jokagi (elf2000) it is available the japanese translation of yapig.
You can donwload it from:
New patch available. With this patch you can link your yapig gallery displaying the thumbnail of the last gallery added. Very simple to use, and will be added on next release.
Yapig 0.93 is near to see the light! Be patient! :D
Thanks to Miikka Mttl (mixxu) we have available the finnish translation of Yapig. It will be added on next release, meanwhile it can be downloaded from Yapig's patch page:
Thank you Miikka!
Thanks to Gergo Jnap we have available the Hungarian translation. It will be added on next release, meanwhile you can download it from here:
Thank you Grego.
Thanks to kamikadzee we have available the Romanian translation. It will be available on next release. Meanwhile you can download the .po file from:
As well, an anonymous user sent how to patch Yapig to have your galleries ordered by filename. Instructions available in this url:
Thanks to Jasmin Z. (jayzee80) we have an updated version of the Swedish translation. Yo can get it from here:
She also sent some corrections of the English interface strings. Thank you!
wReckEr has upload his modified version of YaPiG 0.92b. You can view a demo on http://www.mahesh.net/gallery
The main changes are:
* Instead of a form for adding comment on the same page
as the photo, there is now a link at the bottom '[add comment]' that opens the form in a different pop-up window. After adding the comments, the thanks page displays a button to close the window and at the same time re-fresh the image page, so that the newly added comment can be seen. Also the pop-up
window displays the thumbnail of the current photo.... read more
Yesterday, it was reported a very heavy problem related to yapig's security. Now, it is already solved. There was an install.php bug that allowed reinstalling to anyuser. Users using any 0.9x (including 0.92b stable) must update or remove install.php on their gallery.
Upgrading from 0.8x to 0.9x documentation available here:
YaPiG Users MUST remove install.php or rename it to install.txt (for example). This is because it does not check if another installation has been done.
Sorry for the inconvenience. On next release it will be solved.
Thanks to Megajoy we have the translation of yapig 0.92b into Bazilian Portuguese.
You can download the yapig.po file here:
Thanks to rashgaroc ( http://surf.to/rashgaroc ) we have available the translation into the Galician language. You can download it from:
Yet Another PHP Image Gallery is a simple script that uses de GD library and designed for keeping on a web personal photo or image albums. Visitors tracking, user comments, no SQL required, web based admin tool, easy template system, multilingual.
* Chinese translation. Thanks to attimee.
* Dutch translation. Thanks to Theo Beers.
* Czech translation. Thanks to Jiri Cincura and Frettie.
* Catalan language translation. Thanks to Antoni Hortal.
* Indonesian translation. Thanks to Bernouli.
* Minor bugfixes... read more
Thanks to Theo Beers we have available the Dutch translation (lang-id: nl). You can get it on this URL:
Thanks to attimee we have available the Chinese translation.
lang-id: cn. You can get it on this URL:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=935661&group_id=93674&atid=605078... read more
Thanks Frettie (http://www.frettie.net) and Jiri Cincura (http://www.cincura.net) we have YaPiG translated into Czech. Both of them sent the Czech translation of YaPiG. It will be included in next release. Meanwhile you can dowload it from:
Czech lang-id is "cz"
For further information read translations documentation.
Thanks to Antoni Hortal (http://www.tonihortal.com) now YaPiG is translated into Catalan Language. You can download it on:
For more information on how to install it read translations documentation.
Thanks to Bernouli the Indonesian translation for is available.It will be included on next release, meanwhile you can download it from: http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~bernouli/pub/id.zip