Is there any worked out notation for presentation of the grammar of =
programming languages in YAML (with corresponding tools)?
I would like to have tools such as:
1) Transformation tool to present of grammar in publication (LaTeX, HTML =
2) Tool to test equivalence of two grammars;
3) Tool to probe the text of code to be corresponding to grammar;
4) Transformation tool to transform code in G1 grammar to code in G2 =
grammar (with set of transformation rules).
It seems to me that this question is very important because every =
communication of types human-program and program-program (and also =
human-human :)) should be based on some language. And it's quite =
desirable to have external description of the language in order to it =
will be opportunity: (1) to insert right description of the language =
into manual, (2) to use description of the language in another programs, =
(3) to test coincidence of the several realisations of the same =
language, (4) to transform some languages to another ones.
From other side I did not see corresponding software. May be XML - is =
another keyword which will be helpful in the searching.
Thanks in advance,
Institute for High Energy Physics, Protvino, Russia