yajsw lite version

2012-05-18
2013-06-12
  • lightglitch
    lightglitch
    2012-05-18

I would like to use yajsw but the core version still has a lot of functionality that I don't want to use.

It's easy for me to strip down groovy and netty from the project?

To which features are this libraries tied up?

Thx, in advance

• rzo
    rzo
    2012-05-18

hello,

groovy is used:

1. in the configuration. to remove: remove the usage of GInterpolator in YajswConfigurationImpl
    2. in scripts: to remove: remove the class GroovyScript

Netty:

1. netty is used for communication between trayicon and wrapper. so just remove tray icon. you can then remove hessian and ahessian.
    2. communication between wrapper and wrapped application: this will be the most difficult part, since you will need to reimplement the communication.

however you can remove quite a lot from netty, since practically only the core of netty is used. therefore http, ssl, executor, etc are not required.

• Ron

• lightglitch
    lightglitch
    2012-05-18

Thx for the help I I will study the source and and try to clean what I don't need.

But as suggestion for the future you could do a smaller core and put some features in optional jars.

• A smaller core just for installing, starting, stopping, and deleting a service would be great. It should include the restart feature if the wrapped process dies as well.
    At the moment I am using the core libraries only and they work very well but they still give a big installation package - it is bigger than the Java program that I want to run as a service - my program takes 2.2kBytes including standard libraries whereas YAJSW core needs 12.4KBytes.

Roland

• Ah sorry, its 2.2MBytes versus 12.4MBytes!

• unifier
    unifier
    2012-06-29

I also think a "lite" version would be great. The size of the "core" libs is currently preventing me from migrating from jsw to jajsw :(