YahooPOPs 0.3.3/Windows has been released.
The following new features have been added to this release:
1) Support for the new Yahoo! Mail Beta site
2) Document on how to compile YahooPOPs! (Its present in the help file). I
haven't found the time to verify whether the instructions are accurate.
Someone needs to verify this.
3) Option to change the POP3 port. Next release will support changing of IP
address as well.
4) Support for the yahoo.co.uk (United Kingdom) website
1) Configuration details for Eudora added to Help.
Some bug fixes:
1) Proxy authentication information was not being saved.
2) If "Max emails per session" feature was being used with a value less
than 25, then emails were not being deleted.
Some internal code changes:
1) Removed deletion of Yahoo specific email headers. Their deletion was of
2) Removed addition of the "Content-Length" header. This is an optional
header and email clients work without it.
I require your help for the following:
1) With the change in the Yahoo interface (Beta site), I need some strings
translated to various languages to ensure that the regional Yahoo sites
continue to function. In the yahoo.com site, you will see a string like
"Messages 1-10 of 10" to indicate that there are 10 emails. What is the
equivalent string shown in the regional sites? Send me the exact string.
2) Testing of the proxy authentication feature. I do not have access to a
proxy server with proxy authentication enabled. It'll take me some time to
get one proxy server up on my machine to test this. In the meanwhile, if
someone who already has access to such a proxy server could test it out and
let me know where the bug is, it would be a great timesaver.
3) I haven't found the time to verify whether the instructions of compiling
YahooPOPs! are accurate. Someone needs to verify this.
NOTE: If you are using YahooPOPs!, please post any queries, feature
requests, bug reports directly via the YahooPOPs! website and not via email