Menu

Windows port

burque
2006-09-06
2013-04-17
  • burque

burque - 2006-09-06

The windows port of 0.8.40 starts up just fine and looks great with the standard cfg files. Have the apps been ported to mingw, and if so, where are they? Might someone give me a hint on either where the apps are to download or what tools and source code I need to compile them? I do see the diff files available.

• Alper Akcan

Alper Akcan - 2006-09-06

hi,

xynth has two binary options;

one is server and client programs linked seperately and you start them seperately, in linux default options is to do this seperately.

the other option is to link them all. which means you have a single application that consists of server and programs. in mingw this is the default behaviour of xynth. you can start any application which is compiled in via cliking at icon on desktop. or via start menu, under demo.

this option is managed via makefile.cfg SINGLE_APP = Y/N

in mingw i prefered single_app=y becouse to make them work seperatly i have to write a new socket and pipe binding for mingw (just like socket_bsd.c and pipe_posix.c). as long as windows port of xynth is just a proof of concept that shows xynth is easly ported over platforms, i did not develop that bindings. so, until someone really needs this support this is the way it is under mingw.

i would suggest you to use xynth under linux, if you want to work and use xynth for any development reason.

cheers.