Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

undefined reference to `ff_dv_init'

Help
2005-02-07
2013-04-24
  • Jeremy C. Reed
    Jeremy C. Reed
    2005-02-07

Trying to build fails at final linking with:

xvidcap-gtk2/work.puget/xvidcap-1.1.4/src/codecs.c:629: undefined reference to `ff_dv_init'

I configured with:

./configure --with-gtk2 --with-forced-embedded-ffmpeg

This is the xvidcap-1.1.4.tar.gz with date  Jan  1 12:17. Please consider adding the release notes in the tarball (README).
    And please use a filename that is correct, like 1.1.4pre2.tar.gz. because later 1.1.4 file may have different checksum for exact same filename.

Why is embedded ffmpeg required?

Also, when configuring without that --with-forced-embedded-ffmpeg, the buidl fails because AU_CODEC_MP2 and others aren't defined, probably because HAVE_FFMPEG_AUDIO is not set.

I rarely use forums, so feel free to email me at my sf address too.

• Jeremy C. Reed
      Jeremy C. Reed
      2005-02-07

More information: I don't have any libavcodec library built. But I do ffmpeg already installed. So I removed my ffmpeg package.
      And now I get different errors after the gmake clean and configure again:

if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..    -I/usr/X11R6/include -DVERSION=\"1.1.4\"
        `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`   -g -O2 -MT gvidcap-main.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/
      gvidcap-main.Tpo" \   -c -o gvidcap-main.o `test -f 'main.c' || echo './'`main.c; \ then mv -f ".deps/gvidcap-main.Tpo" ".deps/gvidcap-main.Po"; \ else rm -f ".deps/gvidcap-main.Tpo"; exit 1; \ fi
      In file included from codecs.h:12,
                       from main.c:45:
      ../ffmpeg/avcodec.h:14:20: common.h: No such file or directory
      ../ffmpeg/avcodec.h:15:22: rational.h: No such file or directory
      In file included from codecs.h:12,
                       from main.c:45:
      ../ffmpeg/avcodec.h:583: error: parse error before "uint8_t"
      ../ffmpeg/avcodec.h:583: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
      ../ffmpeg/avcodec.h:583: error: parse error before '*' token

../ffmpeg/avformat.h:567: error: parse error before '*' token
      ../ffmpeg/avformat.h:581: error: parse error before '*' token
      main.c: In function `main':
      main.c:550: error: `CAP_AVI' undeclared (first use in this function)

• Jeremy,

I suggest you try again from a clean build tree (like extract again to a new directory).
        Then configure exactly like "./configure --with-gtk2 --with-embedded-ffmpeg >myconfig.log 2>&1".

Take a look at myconfig.log and watch for tests about libavcodec/format. Also, check if the embedded ffmpeg configures and builds correctly.

Karl.

• Jeremy C. Reed
      Jeremy C. Reed
      2005-02-07

I saw another thread about these errors. I already had lame libraries and headers installed.

Anyways, my fix for the missing headers was to add -I$(top_builddir)/ffmpeg/libavcodec to my
      DEFAULT_INCLUDES in src/Makefile.

Then my next error is still:
      main.c: In function `main':
      main.c:550: error: `CAP_AVI' undeclared (first use in this function)

I guess this is because HAVE_LIBAVFORMAT is not defined.