Follow mouse option

Valent
2007-02-27
2013-04-24
  • Valent
    Valent
    2007-02-27

Hi,
    can you please consider making a new feature that would be really usefull. The feature would be "follow the mouse" or something like that, I imagine it like this. You choose the window size for video capture and it's size is fixed during capture, but not the position. The capture windows would move with mouse movement  to keep the mouse in the middle. Or to give it a bit more flexibility you can even put how many pixels you can move the mouse before the windows starts following it.

If that is not possible it would be nice if you can enable the keyboard arrow keys (this should be made customisable) to move the capture window around the desktop.

Thank you for a great capture utility!

• Serge Vleugels
      Serge Vleugels
      2007-09-27

I second this option.

If you have some pointers where i could add this feature i'm happy to code it for you guys and send the patches.

This little gem rocks !

Serge

• Hmm, don't think this can be added in a single place.
        You would have to introduce a configuration option first, then register for receiving mouse movement events (prolly in gnome_ui.c where we process Xdamage events registered similarly), and then use the available functions in gnome_frame.c to move the capture area.

Patches would be very welcome.

Karl.