Menu

Export Button

Help
CharlieM
2011-01-20
2013-04-26
  • CharlieM

CharlieM - 2011-01-20

On any of the screens I run a search and then once the search has been populated I click the Export button and nothing happens what should happen?

• 360team.ca

360team.ca - 2011-01-20

Hi, Charlie!

Clicking the Export button allows you to download a .csv file of the results of your search which you can then import into OpenOffice Calc, Excel, or other spreadsheet program.  Are you using the stable or the CVS version of XRMS?  In CVS the export function works.

Cheers,
    Ivaylo

• CharlieM

CharlieM - 2011-01-21

I'm using the stable version I guess. I'm not sure what CVS is?

• 360team.ca

360team.ca - 2011-01-21

Hi, Charlie!

The CVS is the system used to keep track of the updates to the XRMS code base currently under development.  By 'CVS version' I was referring to the most recent code of the system.  It is not certified as 'stable' by the team yet and it still has some bugs but, in many ways, it is better than the stable version - quite a bit of work has gone into the system since even the latest of the stable versions.  We use the CVS version in production with our clients without major problems and I currently do not even have an installation with the stable version where I could compare functionalities between the two.

If you are interested in the CVS version (as with any GPL product, use at your own risk!), you can download a tarball of it here.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Ivaylo

• CharlieM

CharlieM - 2011-01-24

Thanks I'll have a look at it

• CharlieM

CharlieM - 2011-01-24

If I'm installing the CVS version on top of the stable version, will merging "include-locations.inc" and "vars.php" and running 'Database Structure Update' be enough to handle the changes?

• 360team.ca

360team.ca - 2011-01-24

Hi, Charlie!

This should do it but make sure to back up your database and file storage before you do that.  Also, you may be better off installing the CVS version in a separate directory instead of over-writing the old directories.  Once you are confident that the CVS installation is running well, you can always remove the old code after.

In all cases: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP BEFORE every drastic change.  You just never know with computers ;)

Cheers,
    IVaylo

• CharlieM

CharlieM - 2011-01-25

Ok thanks for the good advice. <FamousLastWords> I'm not to worried about backing up my computer's never let me down yet</FamousLastWords> ;)