Help
rstaiger
2011-05-24
2013-04-26
  • rstaiger
    rstaiger
    2011-05-24

Hi guys,

we are running XRMS and one of our users has a problem with the opportunity pager.
    and this problem is driving me crazy.
    To submit a new search query he has to click the little refresh button in the upper right corner of the pager.
    The question is - what did he do to make the pager show the refresh button?
    what can i do the prevent the pager from ever doing this?

thanks in advance
    roland

• 360team.ca
    360team.ca
    2011-05-24

Hi, Roland!

I am not quite sure which button you are referring to.  Which version of XRMS are you running and on what environment?  Also, what browser is the user using?  Could you attach a screenshot showing the refresh button?

Cheers,
    Ivaylo

• rstaiger
    rstaiger
    2011-05-24

Here you go!
    It appears on Firefox and IE its nothing Browser or Environment specific.
    The Files we are using are from cvs but probably atleast 1,5 years old.
    The Button is related to $show_cached_indicator in the GUP_pager.php but i have no clue how to set/unset this.

• 360team.ca
    360team.ca
    2011-05-24

Hi, Roland!

Thanks for the screenshot!  This is happening for only one of your users?  Would you believe if I told you that I have never seen this, and I mean, EVER!  I tried to reproduce it on the demo site since the code running there dates back to about what you are using but no luck.

Without looking at the code I really have no suggestion for you other than to try upgrading to the most recent CVS (it is very close to a 2.0 pre-release status).  Unfortunately, I am working on a rather intense project at the moment and I don't foresee being able to tinker with XRMS again for a few weeks yet.

Please do post the resolution here if you find one so I may reflect it in the core.

Sorry I cannot be of more help at the moment!

Cheers,
    Ivaylo

• rstaiger
    rstaiger
    2011-05-25

Hi Ivaylo,

i never saw this Button myself before.
    It is somehow related to the Column Layout but i have no clue yet since i cant reproduce this on any other account.
    I ll check the most recent CVS and post here if i find a solution.
    I m really looking forward to a 2.0 release.
    Thanks for your support.

Roland

• 360team.ca
    360team.ca
    2011-06-04

Hi, Roland!

Did you get anywhere with the refresh button?  In fact, one of the bugs in CVS is related to the Pager Column Layout.  Check to see if the user has not inadvertently deleted the sorting column and saved that as a Pager view.

As for 2.0, I am on a very intense project at the moment but am hoping to start winding that down in a couple of weeks and should be able to push towards packaging the 2.0 release.

Cheers,
    Ivaylo

• rstaiger
    rstaiger
    2011-06-06

Hi Ivaylo,

the user has deleted the columns "Opportunity Size" "Probability" and "Weighted Size" and saved this as pager view.
    by readding those columns the button dissapears. But still i have no clue how to prevent that from happening if the users
    change their pager view like that.

Thanks
    Roland