Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

x11rdp won't compile on Fedora 9 x64

Xserver
2008-09-18
2013-06-05
  • First of all, Jay I am gobsmacked. I never thought I'd see something like this, and it seems to work very well (using xvnc). I thought nx was the only chance at high performance remote desktop stuff on X. Fedora still uses VNC for remote desktop, which for me seems to be a dead end as it's so slow and awkward. So, thank you very much for your hard work and effort. I was quite strange how I accidentally stumbled upon xrdp. Some publicity might be needed :)

Anyway, I am wanting to try out the x11rdp Xserver but I can't get it to compile. I am running build.sh in x11rdp_xorg71 on Fedora 9 x86_64 and the output ends at this:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -DXFree86Server -DXFree86LOADER -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I/opt/X11rdp/include -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -g -O2 -MT access.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/access.Tpo -c access.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/access.o
    access.c: In function 'LocalClient':
    access.c:1399: warning: implicit declaration of function '_XSERVTransGetPeerAddr'
    access.c:1399: warning: nested extern declaration of '_XSERVTransGetPeerAddr'
    access.c: In function 'LocalClientCredAndGroups':
    access.c:1459: error: storage size of 'peercred' isn't known
    access.c:1471: warning: implicit declaration of function '_XSERVTransIsLocal'
    access.c:1471: warning: nested extern declaration of '_XSERVTransIsLocal'
    access.c:1481: warning: implicit declaration of function '_XSERVTransGetConnectionNumber'
    access.c:1481: warning: nested extern declaration of '_XSERVTransGetConnectionNumber'
    access.c:1459: warning: unused variable 'peercred'
    make[1]: *** [access.lo] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/xrdp/x11rdp_xorg71/xorg-server-X11R7.1-1.1.0/os'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    error make xorg-server

Any ideas?

• ilke
      ilke
      2008-12-11

hi,

do we need to compile X11rdp to run xrdp on linux and to connect it via windows ?

ilke

• wcn00
      wcn00
      2009-03-11

I too have this exact same compile problem.  I think its because we're just linking with object modules that came precompiled in the download.  What need is some instructions on how to compile the Xserver package from scratch. 

However before I go to the trouble I'd like to know if using the Xrdp server provides a better looking or faster desktop than using xvnc?

Also I noticed that there was a precompiled X11rdp binary on the download site which I put in my /usr/bin dir however when I try to use it I get (in the sesman.log file):
      20090311-08:03:00] [INFO ] starting Xrdp session...
      [20090311-08:03:00] [INFO ] starting sessvc - xpid=9660 - wmpid=9659
      [20090311-08:03:01] [ERROR] another Xserver is already active on display 10
      [20090311-08:03:01] [DEBUG] aborting connection...

In the system log:

Mar 11 08:03:00 cheetah sesman: pam_warn(sesman:session): function=[pam_sm_open_session] service=[sesman] terminal=[:10] user=[wnichols] ruser=[<unknown>] rhost=[<unknown>]

If this works out meybe I'll make an rpm package for fc9...
      wcn

• Hi,
    I had same problem on Ubuntu and Debian x64, but I solved it, so you can try this hack before run buildx.sh:

CPPFLAGS=-D_GNU_SOURCE
    export CPPFLAGS