Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

the meaning of xpml is different

gen2thomas
2011-03-28
2013-04-25
  • Remon Sinnema
    Remon Sinnema
    2011-03-29

Not sure why you think that XP Studio is part of the "gnu-world" (whatever that is). But anyway, XP Studio was registered a year earlier than this other project, so I guess your request would be better directed at them.

Having said that, if I were to register the project now,  I would probably choose Agile Studio over XP Studio.

• gen2thomas
    gen2thomas
    2011-03-29

Thank you very much for your answer. With "gnu-world" I mean in general software under public licenses: "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html". But what I mean especially here is, that between non commercial projects/products should not be a fight about names. "XP Studio" itself is in my opinion a not enough unique name also against commercial products. "Xpml" is a non unique name at all. Additionally it  is used in some programs which are more prevailed over "XP Studio". The other project above was only a example for a non commercial project.

Please using google to search for "xpml" you will be surprised…
    One outline: "Developers worldwide are embracing xpml, a new scripting language designed to add billing and distribution to applications."

Be careful - first using google to search for "Agile Studio" …

To put it in a nutshell: I have realized that the progress with "XP Studio" is not as big as other agile software tools like agilefant, icescrum, retrospectiva etc. and I'm looking for the reason of that. In my opinion the idea is very good to take a often used workbench (eclipse) to make the planning and administration of the software development. But no other developer seems to be realizing nor sharing your project yet to make some progress in the last few years. That's sadly.

Some ideas to get some drive:
    1) Could any other project participate of your "xpml" idea as a standard? For example use "xpml" to export his databases and import in another environment.
    2) You can write an import tool to convert a icecrum, agilefant, whatever database to use the datas offline inside "XP Studio"
    3) link (trace) the stories up to the source code is often needed - "XP Studio" has the advantage using the same environment to do so - this can be useful in addition to (2) (using web based tool to manage stories - add to the code with "XP Studio")
    4) Do you can add a feature request form inside your project?

• Remon Sinnema
    Remon Sinnema
    2011-03-30

I wasn't looking for this program to be "big" or get some "drive", I was just scratching an itch. That's done now, and I've moved on. That happens with open source.

• gen2thomas
    gen2thomas
    2011-03-30

Itchiness is gone. That's too bad! If it come back give me a sign. Please, can you give me some hints anyway to my other question about linking the xmls together? Thanks in advance, Thomas