Menu

Get off your ass...

Help
2002-03-16
2002-03-16
  • Nobody/Anonymous

What is it going to take to get you off your ass and update this thing: MONEY or what.
    If that is what it is then just say so, im sure there are enough folks out there that would be willing to play you if you would just take a few and give them what they want, for that matter, why dont you just put an update out that we have to buy, crap i will pay for it.

• Chris Weiss

Chris Weiss - 2002-03-16

I did get off my ass. I got tired of Windows giving me poor performance (I get nearly double the frame rates in Linux at the same settings), crashing on me, costing me more and more money for very little benefit, and M$ not fixing reported bugs. I now use Linux almost excusivly.

I wrote XPlug to work with UT and Quake. I don't play anything else. I only did HL and Tribes for the challenge. Now I only use XPlug at work to check on my UT servers and it does that perfectly.

I've been looking for someone to take over the project for almost a year. I made the XPlug open source so other people would be able to help out with the coding and only 2 people ever did in any way. If you want XPlug continued, get yourself a copy of VB and go for it.

So. XPlug is open source. If you don't like how I'm coding it, get off YOUR ass and write some code.

It's not about money. I have a great job and I have no problem getting paid well for any extra coding. I no longer have any interest in coding in VB and I actively turn down well paying offerers that require code for Windows.  Actually, I turn down well paying offers for all sorts of stuff.  I have more than enough things to do to keep me busy.