Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Start up problems

Help
Ron
2012-07-19
2013-05-28
  • Ron
    Ron
    2012-07-19

I have just downloaded the installation WAR to try the app. The Demo site appears to be offline at present.

I am installing on a W7 PC
    I followed the installation instructions but am having trouble starting up. Please forgive me as I am a project manager not a developer so may ask some obvious questions.

The install instructions say

4) after installation, you will see Tomcat icon in the tray  set HTTP/Connector port to 8080; login and password to root/root

Ther is no option for HTTP/Connector port on 8080 in  the TOM Control properties. There is a Log on tab. This has the option local system account or This account. used both and set the This account to root/root.

When I try and start the app I get the following problem

EVERE: Error listenerStart
    19/07/2012 12:14:15 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    SEVERE: Context  startup failed due to previous errors
    19/07/2012 12:14:15 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
    SEVERE: The web application  registered the JDBC driver  but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
    19/07/2012 12:14:15 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
    SEVERE: The web application  appears to have started a thread named  but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    19/07/2012 12:14:15 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
    SEVERE: The web application  appears to have started a thread named  but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
    19/07/2012 12:14:15 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap
    SEVERE: The web application  created a ThreadLocal with key of type  (value ) and a value of type  (value ) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

I am not sure where the problem lies.

Your assistance would be appreciated.