CairoOutputDev.h (again)

herrsimon
2011-10-20
2013-08-17
  • herrsimon
    herrsimon
    2011-10-20

See also https://sourceforge.net/projects/xournal/forums/forum/554376/topic/4702740

I'm on archlinux and try to build the latest revision of xournalpp (rev. 184) via the PKGBUILD in AUR.

Since the workaround of supplying an old CairoOutputDev.h was done, xournalpp compiled fine but today I tried to build against poppler 0.18 and get the error message

/usr/include/poppler/CairoOutputDev.h:128:25: error: 'Link' has not been declared
    /usr/include/poppler/CairoOutputDev.h:378:25: error: 'Link' has not been declared

Does the workaround have to be revised or is there an error on my side somewhere? 
    If you need more information to track the error down, please say so.

Thanks for your help,

Simon

• pyropirat
    pyropirat
    2011-11-15

Hi,
    i am using gentoo and i have the same problem. The only difference is, that i am using the delivered CairoOutputDev.h
    Does anyone allready found a solution for this?

• Jim
    Jim
    2012-09-06

I'm using SLackware 64 14.0 rc4 and I get
    /bin/sh ../../libtool  -tag=CXX   -mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -DPACKAGE_DATA_DIR=\""/usr/local/share"\" -DPACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR=\""/usr/local/share/locale"\" -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/poppler/glib -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/libglade-2.0 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/librsvg-2.0     -I../../src/util -g -rdynamic -Wreturn-type -Wuninitialized -Wunused-value -Wunused-variable -g -O2 -MT libutil_la-CrashHandler.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libutil_la-CrashHandler.Tpo -c -o libutil_la-CrashHandler.lo `test -f 'CrashHandler.cpp' || echo './'`CrashHandler.cpp
    libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -DPACKAGE_DATA_DIR=\"/usr/local/share\" -DPACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/poppler/glib -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/libglade-2.0 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/librsvg-2.0 -I../../src/util -g -rdynamic -Wreturn-type -Wuninitialized -Wunused-value -Wunused-variable -g -O2 -MT libutil_la-CrashHandler.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libutil_la-CrashHandler.Tpo -c CrashHandler.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libutil_la-CrashHandler.o
    In file included from ../control/../model/../pdf/popplerdirect/poppler/../workaround/workaround.h:9:0,
                     from ../control/../model/../pdf/popplerdirect/poppler/XojPopplerPage.h:22,
                     from ../control/../model/../pdf/popplerdirect/poppler/XojPopplerDocument.h:15,
                     from ../control/../model/Document.h:23,
                     from ../control/SaveHandler.h:18,
                     from CrashHandler.cpp:21:
    ../control/../model/../pdf/popplerdirect/poppler/../workaround/CairoOutputDev.h:128:25: error: ‘Link’ has not been declared
    ../control/../model/../pdf/popplerdirect/poppler/../workaround/CairoOutputDev.h:378:25: error: ‘Link’ has not been declared
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/tmp/xournal/trunk/xournalpp/src/util'
    make: Leaving directory `/tmp/xournal/trunk/xournalpp/src'
    make: Leaving directory `/tmp/xournal/trunk/xournalpp'
    make: ***  Error 2

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

• w__b
    w__b
    2013-08-17

For the time being, we have statically compiled xournalpp with an older version of poppler, which you could try - check out the "addpoppler" branch on Github: https://github.com/xournalpp/xournalpp.