Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

The project changed the rule about confirming

minahito
2007-09-13
2013-04-25
  • minahito
    minahito
    2007-09-13

The project decided to change the rule for confirming bugs. From now, a committer who fixes bugs closes the item soon.

I'm sorry that we did not discuss it in the open space, because nobunobu doesn't feel well. Therefore, the following announcement is already null;

"Confirm fixes for 2.1.2, please"
    http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1817678&forum_id=537173

The reason of the deciding is that there are not the plural active committers now. In addition, it's difficult that end-user contributors review fixed code.

I hope that committers keep well even if they can not come to here.

• fabi
      fabi
      2007-09-13

I agree about it.
      I hope everything begins to move by this.

• genet
      genet
      2007-09-14

Okay, I agree with you, too.
      in RC test, user's experiences will prove whether new bug fixes are well done or not.

• plusangel
      plusangel
      2007-09-14

I agree with it as well, dear Minahito!

It's difficult for us (simple users) to confirm the fix of a bug...

And I don't talk about a "loud" bug, for example a blank page when you click that button...
      but for all this "intelligent" bugs that our dev team always look after.

Think that for some of us (like me) it's even unknown the way to confirm a bug or a patch.

By publishing an RC it will be a better way to check them in total.

In addition this policy will help the project to go forward in a faster pace.

At the happy day that we will have a bigger team probably we can think about it again.

+1 vote for the change!