Menu

Using own theme in custom module

Ankhaa
2008-11-19
2013-04-25
  • Ankhaa

Ankhaa - 2008-11-19

Hi, first i apologize for my bad english, and appreciated that you taking time to read my post.
    I'm new in XOOPS Cube and open source, and i wanna to build website using XOOPS Cube. I have a knowledge about PHP, HTML, CSS. But i have trouble in changing xoops layout.
    I want that my custom module uses his own theme and other modules uses xoops default theme. Can i use xoopscube's legacy renderer or this? or i have to write own renderer ? :)
    Is there any tutorial to acomplish my purpose? Any feedback would be creatly appreciated.

• Gigamaster

Gigamaster - 2008-11-19

Hi,

Welcome to XOOPS Cube Ankhaa ^^

XC Legacy can be easily extended with a preload or a module
      so, you won't need to re-write the all thing.

1. Preload
      With a simple extension (one file)  it is possible to assign a different theme to each module!  User can also keep a theme-selection per each module during the session! For more details about the "Preload" and optional settings check this forum thread:

Theme Changer Preload ( XC Version )
      http://xoopscube.org/modules/xhnewbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=319

2. Module dbcss
      Build your theme(s) with a CSS Framework and rely on this module to compile your stylesheet (override) within module header.
      Easily import the CSS file as a DB template.
      Easily export the stylesheet compiled within this module.
      Apply compiled META tags to each module.

http://xoopscube.org/modules/pukiwiki/?XOOPSCubeLegacy%2FModuleCompatibility%2FDBCSS

If you need help, please post here or at xoopscube.org

Have Fun  ^^

• Ankhaa

Ankhaa - 2008-11-19

Thank you very much, Gigamaster!
      The preload works perfect :)
      Now i turning to step 2 and building my theme. By the way can i just copy cube_default theme directory and edit theme.html and style.css files? or i should use DBCSS module?
      Again thank you very much.

• Gigamaster

Gigamaster - 2008-11-19

Hi,

You can start with cube_default, just identify the smarty variables used to define header and display blocks (left, center, right), module content and footer.

Using DBCSS module requires you to import your style and edit multiple instances.
        Then install blocks associating to the modules you want to override the style.
        Blocks are not visible from site frontpage. You can also override any header meta, description, etc.

Sure, without an illustrated tutorial it's less intuitive. But i'm sure DBCSS can be very useful and powerful after spent some time checking its features and possibilities.

Have Fun ^^

• Ankhaa

Ankhaa - 2008-11-20

Okay then i'll try DBCSS module.
      Thank you for saved my much time.  :)