I worked a little bit on XoopsImageManager and made following changes:
1) For each categorie you can define a seperate upload-directory (non-existing folders will be created)
2) user can define, whether an uploaded picture will be private or visible for all users with uploadpermission in this category
3) plugin XoopsImageManager for TinyMCE was adopted
- I want clear structure for saving images
- I want know, who loads up an image
I marked my changes. Detailed infos about my solution you can find in changelog-file.
I couldn't solve one problem in XoopsImageManager for TinyMCE: If I insert a picture via XoopsImageManager in the textbox, it will be placed always on the beginning of the text, not on the last position of the cursor.
What do you think about implementing this?