Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

XOOPS Kicked Me Out

Help
Tom Martin
2008-03-22
2012-09-25
  • Tom Martin
    Tom Martin
    2008-03-22

I've been using XOOPS for the last couple of years. I have dozens and dozens of posting on their support forum site. Today I was somehow "black-balled" preventing me from logging into the support forum with the message that "IP Protector has blocked my IP address."

Does anyone have a clue about this. How do I get in touch with XOOPS. What do I do with all of my clients...?

Help anyone?

• mommaroodles
      mommaroodles
      2008-08-19

I'm at my wits end, I dont have the foggiest idea what to do - I've tried everything that I can try and still I cannot login to the Admin section - its been months now ....:( I'm seriously considering an alternate CMS.

• Michael Beck
      Michael Beck
      2008-08-19

Email me your Website URL, your login/password, and I'll take a look into it.

• Mark Boyden
      Mark Boyden
      2008-03-22

I sent your message to the web team. It happened to me once, too, when I was putting a slash-asterisk in my messages. Took a day to get fixed, and I was down (except for using a lynx client) during a client-crunch time too. I hope we get it removed for you soon. Any ideas what happened? Were you posting, refreshing/requesting a number of pages really fast, or such?

• Roy Batty
        Roy Batty
        2008-04-08

I'm having a similar problem.

Posted my usual IP and information about it below in the thread. Any chance you could give me a hand also or tell me who to contact?

• Tom Martin
        Tom Martin
        2008-03-22

It began when I tried to login (about a week ago). It would accept my login then send me back to the login screen. I thought...OK, I'll change my password. From that point on I bacame the "evil invader with the nasty IP." The only way I could post my problem was to but a $29.95 piece of software to hide my IP...something I never thought I'd need, but it worked...real funny to me!

Thanks very much for your response!

• Michael Beck
      Michael Beck
      2008-04-06

Your IP 71.37.4.247, as posted here:

http://www.xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=63203&forum=11&post_id=284528#forumpost284528

is not blocked on XOOPS.

So there must be something else.

• Tom Martin
        Tom Martin
        2008-04-06

Well, I'm not locked out any longer but what started this whole mess was when I tried to login, the screen would say "thanks for logging in" then return me to the original login screen...in fact listing me as not being logged in.

Now I come to find that this doesn't happen if I use Firefox to log in. The version of IE I was using was 6.x...

Go figure.

• Michael Beck
          Michael Beck
          2008-04-06

I'm glad that this has been sorted out.

What can we say? Go Firefox!!! :)

• Roy Batty
      Roy Batty
      2008-04-08

Same problem I had. Been out for 2 days now.

IP is : 75.70.212.48

I just get this even at xoops.org :
      You are registered as BAD_IP by Protector.

It would be helpful if the message had an email address to send problems to in cases like this. I tried contact@xoops.org and support@xoops.org just trying logically and BOTH bounced among others.

Any ETA on how long it takes to get this fixed?

Thanks!

• Michael Beck
        Michael Beck
        2008-04-08

What is your user ID on XOOPS? I'll check it out for you.
        Obviously it's not r0yb.

• Roy Batty
          Roy Batty
          2008-04-08

beckmi -
          Sorry about that, my id on xoops.org is disint