Episode numbers

Viski
2012-08-30
2013-02-12
  • Viski
    Viski
    2012-08-30

When you add episodes from IMDB, you get the "S1E1" thing in the front of the episode name.
    Now, if the episodes do not exist on IMDB, and you have to add the info manually, is there seriously no way to add the season and episode numbers? If I put them in front of the episode name then all the episodes just get scrambled to some wrong order on program restart.

• Viski
    Viski
    2012-08-30

Oh… I accidentally posted this in the bug reports… oh well…

• ashi
    ashi
    2012-08-31

@viski94 bro
    what I have done in such cases is to add them manually  ie
    Hawaai 5 O S1 EPI 1
    Hawaai 5 O S1 EPI 2
    and so on
    And it stays that way when ever yu open MeD !

And in some cases  if I have many  MP3 albums in a Series,  ie the  main titles are same but with a song name in addition of that particular singer. In such a case I have one POST only with the main title
    and inside it I keep on adding the different albums. It keeps a good tracking system :)

Example

Main TITLE- PARICHAY INTRO TO INDIAN MUSICAL GENIUSES ALBUMS 15 CD SET

and inside the 15 various titles are added.
    Hope info useful.
    Cheers

• new2nas
    new2nas
    2012-08-31

If you have Access you can directly add them to the Movie Manager database. Thats what I do… its the meds movie mdb.General Info Episodes is the table you want…  But make sure you make a backup copy first until you learn what the fields do… This way you can add the season and episode numbers and have them show in the correct order. Theres lots of stuff thats not on IMDB…

• Viski
    Viski
    2012-08-31

@swarint

@new2nas
    That sounds good, but my database seems to be a .script file. I can't open that in Access and the export to csv thing is not working for some reason. Any ideas?

• Viski
    Viski
    2012-08-31

@new2nas

Oh… I actually found the right option now: "convert database", still not working though, it converts the database but when I open it in access it's all empty. I can only see the "id, subtitles, duration…" etc. at the top, nothing else. I've never used access before, am I doing something wrong?

• Bro
    Bro
    2012-09-01

Umm…there really should be a way to edit the episode/season number for each entry….

When converting to Access, does it list all the titles during the conversion? If it does, I don't see why the new Access database file should be empty. I haven't thoroughly tested this on Windows 7, so there could be a bug causing this.

Bro

• Viski
    Viski
    2012-09-01

@bro3
    Thanks. I tried the conversion with my Windows XP (virtual) machine and it worked (so it's a problem with Win 7), but when I move the database to my Win 7 machine and try to open it in the Movie Manager, I get an error: "  Data source name not found and no default driver specified". It works on Access though. Oh well… my database is not very big so I think I'll just take the time to recreate it as .mdb.

Oh and when you said "there should be a way" did you mean that there is a way, or that you should code it so? :D

• Viski
    Viski
    2012-09-01

Oh… it seems that I cannot actually create a new Access database at all, or open one. Dunno if it's just a problem with my machine or what…

• Viski
    Viski
    2012-09-01

Sorry for posting again, this place really needs an "edit" button or something.
    Anyways… now that I saw the access database I know how the episodes are numbered (10001, 10002…) so I found them in the .script database, lol. So it's all good now, thanks :D