Export

2006-01-16
2013-02-12
  • Hi

First I want to say ehat a GREAT prog.!!!!
    It's the best !!!!

but i was woundering how to export my database??
    Some of my friends want to see witch movies I have....
    I saw the screenshots on the main page but it did not say how to export them on the Internet for example =)

Hope you can help me...

//Chimpaa

• Bro
      Bro
      2006-01-16

Hi

To export your movies to html, navigate to export menu using the menu bar at the top by clicking 'File' and then 'Export'.
      You will be asked to specify a location where the output files will be saved.
      To make it available through the internet you need a webspace somewhere (maybe your ISP gives you a small one for free).
      You could also use your own machine, by running a webserver (like apache) and open up port 80.
      Then people can find your movies by entering your public IP in the address field in the browser..
      If you don't like any of the alternatives you could just zip the output files to an archive and send it to your friends by email or something...

Bro

• For OsX Users (well at least for me) I noticed that export didn't copied the covers.
      I then created a folder in the root directory application with dir. Covers and dir. Queries [it seems Med's wants the two in the same place]. Then everything's fine when exporting.

Can save you some finding out.

Also note that my System IS NOT ONLINE (aka on Internet) so I DIDN'T set up correct root's password at the time. Of course will do when putting this online. so it may be the cause of my iinitially export failure.

s3nz3x

• hmm i´ve an idea but i cant realize it...
      someone make a php script that read the sql data.

• Exporting the movie list to a html doesn't copy the images. The images are already located on your personal folder, it doesn't make much sense to create redundant copies.

Of course if you want to send the list to a friend, this can be realized.

Just open your movie list with your browser and save the page(completely). The browser will create a new html + folder where it will copy all needed images. The new list's references are of course changed to the new location(relatively). Then just zip the html file plus the new folder and send it with email or whatever you want ;)

• I love this program and I had 900+ movies in it but my desktop crashed and I thought I had it backed up to an external hard-drive but alas no!!! So I had to download the 2.32 version and I have to input them all again. I am so upset!
      Is there a way I can backup to a cdrw? Please let me know as soon as you can. I really appreciate it.
      V
      Have a Great Day!
      V

• Bro
      Bro
      2006-04-28

Hi

Sorry about the database, are you sure it's not possible to recover the files?
      There are alot of different software that may help.
      If the hdd is completely dead, you'll need more than just a software though.

You can see the location of the database on Database->Folders.
      If you're using MS Access just copy the .mdb file, and if hsqldb you need to copy both the .script and .properties file.

You might want to copy the directory with all the covers as well.

Bro

• Hi

I'm exporting my movie list to html. It gives plot summaries but it doesn't export other stuff like duration, resolution etc. Any ideas???

Liam

• Bro
      Bro
      2007-03-21

Hi

You're using the latest beta 4?
      I'll check it out.

Bro

• Hi,
      great program!
      I still haven't figured out how to save my database, so I can add a copy of it to my laptop...as it's on my desktop now.
      I think on the laptop, I'd like it in ms access format.
      I haven't installed the program on the laptop yet, but when I find out how to do the other stuff, I will.

thanks again!
      R

• Bro
      Bro
      2007-11-25

Hi

You need to check out Database->Folders. There you'll find the location to the database files.

Bro

P.S.
      I'll be making a backup function and a Save As function as soon as I find the time.