Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

XRN Dependancies

2004-12-01
2013-04-17
  • Here are the dependancies I find :

Ant task dependancies :

xalan 2.5.1
    xercesImpl 2.4.0
    ant 1.6.1 use 1.5.2 in the maven-plugin

GUI dependancies :

dom4j 1.5
    jaxb-api 1.0.4
    jaxb-impl 1.0.4
    jaxb-libs 1.0.4
    jaxb-xjc 1.0.4
    relaxngDatatype 1.0
    fop 0.20.5
    jax-qname UNKNOWN
    namespace UNKNOWN
    You use too the avalon logger

If you have any idea about the UNKNOW version number let me know

• Concerning the XRN core dependencies, they are accurately (described in the XRN release notes, I'm working on that so that this is clearer):

- xercesImpl.jar and xml-api.jar shipped with the Ant V1.5.0,
      - ant.jar and optional.jar shipped with the same Ant V1.5.0,
      - saxon.jar, which is now present under the 'lib' project directory.

• Carsten
      Carsten
      2004-12-02

Now, all jars (GUI) should be available in the libs dir (CVS). Don't know the version of jax-qname und namespace. These are smaller libs which comes with JAXB.

• That will not facilitate the ant/maven compatibility !

Here are a few advices :

+ use versioned jar only
      - don't include jar in the project itself according to asf licence the user should find sun jar himselt, no ?
      + add in cvs a new module that contains the dependancies if possible structured like the http://www.ibiblio/maven ones
      + add a dependancies.properties file that mask the version number we use for the ant task (maybe this can of file can be exploited by xrn too? ). Here was something I use when I use ant (1.5 year ago ;) )
      libDir=${../repository}
      xercesImpl.file=${libDir}/xerces/jars/xercesImpl
      xercesImpl.version=2.4.0
      xercesImpl.deps=${xercesImpl.file}-${xercesImpl.version}.jar
      And in the build.xml use the ${xercesImpl.deps} to create the class path
      + ant build process should do a a get for internet if the jar is not present in the maven local repository ie
      <get ignoreerrors="true" usetimestamp="true" dest="${maven.repo.local}/${jar}" src="${maven.get.jars.baseUrl}/${jar}" />

I am not _for_ having jar/generate file/classes in a maven repo but we can't have a build process who work without it.
      An alternative solution could be have some build failure with a significative message that point the user where to find some jar if this jar are not compatible with open source license.