Welcome to Open Discussion

2010-04-30
2013-05-03
  • Welcome to Open Discussion

• About the software:
    this program is created after reading the Mark Kilgard's article named "X and OpenGL", which demonstrates how to use OpenGL routines for X-windows //and motif-application, apparently.
    The program implements the simple iteration algorithm of the movement of the dots, which are interacting to each other via the gravitation.
       The dots are moving and displayed in the real time, that's why the OpenGL is needed here - it's very fast at redrawing stuff.
      Also, I like to create the GUI applications using the openmotif toolkit, because we can gain very functional program with very low memory consumption, small executable's size, great portability over the different librarie's (libXm, libXt, openGL stuff…) versions.

• Recently I've puted the new branch into the repository (branches/XmGravDots-with_GSL).
    In that branch the iteration code has been modified, so that GNU Scientific Library is used to process vector operations.
    I was done just to try other concept. The result is: due to high universality of the GSL library it works very slow.
    The written from scratch engine takes good the iteration of the movement of 100`000 dots, whereas this one can hold 3000, at maximum.

Maybe, I'll put some good engine here later, the engine that is already written by someone, who have been working longer on this topic.

• Doh, I've got no time to finish this simple program, the most realistic
    physics could be seen in this branch:

svn co  https://xmgravdots.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xmgravdots/branches/Qt4GravDots qt4gravdots

Because it has simple C++ working code, whereas C-base with openmotif shows moving particles, but they're pretty much weird. Errors … errors ..errors.