Visual Basic Error

2011-05-12
2012-12-09
  • Hi,

I've installed the 3.00 version of the Toolbox but now when I start Excel a Visual Basic window pops up and says "Compile Error.  Can't find project or library".  I can close the window but then when shutting down Excel I get the same error and am directed to the line "Function GetBoolSetting(ByRef Appname As String, ByRef Section As String, ByRef Key As String, aDefault As Boolean) As Boolean".  I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing, so does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix these errors?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

• Martin
    Martin
    2011-05-12

Same problem here. When I go to References in the VB environment is tells me the following reference is missing:
    msie activex control module
    Where can I find it?

Cheers, Martin

• Daniel Kraus
    Daniel Kraus
    2011-05-12

Here's the solution: Simply uncheck the "MSIE ActiveX control module" in the References. Don't forget to save the XL Toolbox addin from within the Visual Basic editor!

Detailed steps:

1. Open the Visual Basic editor (if not yet open) by pressing ALT+F11 in Excel.
    2. In the "Tools" menu, call the "References" command. (The Tools menu may be called "Extra" in non-English versions.)
    3. Click on the checkmark in front of any entries marked with "missing" in the list.
    4. Click "OK".
    5. In the File menu, click on "Save Daniels XL Toolbox".

A number of people have reported this or similar problems, I don't know what's causing this, since there the XL Toolbox does not use MSIE ActiveX controls.

Daniel

• Martin
    Martin
    2011-05-13

Thanks Daniel,

Saving makes sense but when I try to, it tells me Daniels XL toolbox.xlam is read-only. How do I get around this?

Martin

• Anonymous
    2011-05-13

dear daniel,
    though i tried the way you told, i still have the second error there as told by chris above while closing the excel. please tell how to get your old program if we cannot find the way to bypass it. your tool is very important.
    regards,
    ashok

• Daniel Kraus
    Daniel Kraus
    2011-05-15

Hi Ashok,

please check if there are still any missing "References" (ALT+F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor, then click the Tools menu, then References). Uncheck any and all references marked as "missing". Don't forget to click File -> Save.

If it does not work at all, you can try if uninstalling the addin (from Control Panel -> Add or Remove Software) and reinstalling does the job.

Finally, to revert to a previous version, you can download them from http://sf.net/projects/xltoolbox/files

Hope this helps!

Daniel

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments