Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Menu Commands (org.boris.xlloop.GetMenu)

Caspar
2011-01-04
2013-04-17
  • Caspar
    Caspar
    2011-01-04

Hi,

I can see in the source code references to menu commands, also the XLL addin calls the Java server and checks for a method called org.boris.xlloop.GetMenu

Does this provide menus (with  commands)?  If so it would be great if you would provide a simple example of usage.

(XLLOOP is fantastic btw)

thanks,
    Caspar

• Peter Smith
    Peter Smith
    2011-01-05

Hi Caspar,

This is still work in progress.

The intention is the provide the ability to add menus (with submenus). The menu items would make a call to the server, which would return a list of commands to execute on the sheet (eg, like add sheet, set cell values etc…). This would allow the server to generate spreadsheet fragments for the user. Potentially it could also return javascript/vbscript to be executed on the client like a web browser…

The menu generation currently works - you can see an example in org.boris.xlloop/java/test/org/boris/xlloop/ServerTest1.java. The command execution is not yet implemented though.

Cheers,
    Peter

• Caspar
    Caspar
    2011-01-05

Great thanks Peter,

By overriding the MenuHandler and accessing the IFunctionContext it's possible to hold some state on the Java side which allows me to workaround not being able to write back to the sheet.

Returning scripts would be fantastic, I look forward to future releases.

thanks,
    Caspar