Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.
I find the idea of using python scripts with excel models very exciting. However, from the documentation in the main page I am not able to set up my system in order to make these two tools work together.
Could you please provive some more information, possibly in a "procedural" way: that is, first do this, then do that, then try…
Looking forward to hearing from you
Here is a small tutorial - I will stick this on the website soon:
1. Download xlloop and unzip.
2. Create new folder (eg.) c:\xlloop_test
3. Copy xlloop-0.3.0.xll from the download into the folder at 2.
4. Rename the file to MyPythonAddin.xll
5. Copy server-example.py and xlloop.py from the download in the folder at 2.
7. Start Excel.
8. Go to the menu Tools->Addins…
9. Click on Browse…
10. Go to the folder at 2. and select MyPythonAddin.xll.
11. You should see "MyPythonAddin" in the list - make sure it is ticked.
12. Click Ok.
13. Open a command line and go to the folder at 2.
14. Run "python server-example.py"
15. In the Excel sheet type the function =FS("test")
16. This should return a random number each time you evaluate it.
17. Also try =FS("ArgsTest", 123), which should return 123.
Hope that helps!
thanks for posting the steps above - i'm trying to do this with the ruby server.
Follow all the steps, but when i enter an RB command in excel, receive a "could not connect to server" error.
I can telnet the host / port for the RB server ok, but excel cant seem to find it.
Thanks for your help!