I'm trying to use xine-lib-1-rc3b; xine_get_pos_length to get the length of
a video, but it is returning the wrong value I'm expecting 30 sec (that's
the actual duration of the video I timed it with a watch) and it returns 18
seconds. Also when I call xine_get_pos_length while the video is playing it
is also coming between 0 and 18. I checked the video with MS multimedia
player and it says 30 sec.
In xine.h I see the following comment:
* get position / length information
* depending of the nature and system layer of the stream,
* some or all of this information may be unavailable or incorrect
* (e.g. live network streams may not have a valid length)
* returns 1 on success, 0 on failure (data was not updated,
* probably because it's not known yet... try again later)
int xine_get_pos_length (xine_stream_t *stream,...
Is there a fix planned for sometime soon. Note the same problem (wrong time)
happens in gxine.