Now as the plugin is checked in, some final notes:
- Most important: Try the 'Environment_Mapped_Torus' mode.
Completely useless, but extremely coooool 8^)
Of course mode is changable during runtime.
- The plugin uses its own rendering thread. This is different to the
other output plugins, but necessary for OpenGL. The code still has two
known race conditions, which I won't fix because it is unlikely that
they are hit (4 images would have to come in before a single image
could be processed + additional prerequisits). The code path relies on
writing a pointer being atomic.
Do we have a 6502 or Z80 port? ;-)))
- It is now relatively easy to add new rendering modes.
Add your functions to the top of the file (one function each for
rendering, image upload, setup) and add their pointers to the lists
just below the implementations.
opengl_default_action should be RENDER_NONE for static display
routines (no update necessary if image does not change) and
RENDER_DRAW for dynamic display routines (spinning, moving, etc.).
- Enabling VO_CAP_UNSCALED_OVERLAY reduces performance a lot during the
first few frames. I don't know enough about the overlay architecture,
and I cannot find any differences, so it is commented out.
- Big endian machines (e.g. sgi/mips) have not been checked yet.
I no longer have access to any of these machines.
- GL_BGRA (used on little endian machines, i.e. ix86) needs an extension
check. This has not been implemented yet.
- Cropping is not yet implemented - this is done by video_out.c
I do not know enough about the architecture here.
- XINE_GUI_SEND_WILL_DESTROY_DRAWABLE not yet sent by any GUI, thus
code path is untested. The output plugin will complain about a memory
leak, but will continue to work.
- I haven't looked at automake yet.
- Other than that the code seems to be pretty stable now. Haven't had a
single segfault during the last tests.
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@...> /-- /-- /-- mat@...
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg \-\ | | \-\ |-- http://www.mshopf.de
Phone +49-911-74053-715 --/ \_/ --/ \-- labs