the xine project proudly announces xine-lib 1-rc2.
This release comes with two major changes:
- The Plugin formerly known as "xine-vcdx" is now included as the default
VCD plugin. This way, S(X)VCD navigation (eg. menus) should now work out
of the box. In the unlikely event that you experience any trouble with
the new plugin, please report to the xine-user mailing List!
For now, you can still use the old plugin (renamed to "VCDO") in case of
trouble. However, this will be removed soon.
- The "#save' feature introduced in the 1-rc1 release has been modified
for security reasons: You will now have to specify a directory via the
"misc.save_dir" config option. xine will then save files only below this
directory, which prevents potential attackers from overwriting arbitrary
files by providing an MRL that contains a malitious #save option.
As usual, you can download the source from
See below for the complete ChangeLog for this release:
* XvMC support for hardware accelerated mpeg2 playback (-V xvmc)
* Fix some errors in sound state when exiting xine and using alsa.
* new tvtime/deinterlacer algorithm scalerbob
* new tvtime/deinterlacer option "cheap mode": skips format conversion.
(uses less cpu but it's not 100% accurate)
* encoding of URL with multibyte characters in MMS
* fix ssa subtitle handling
* don't find out id3 info in mp3 files saved from non-seekable inputs
* handle filenames containing # or % more nicely
* net buffer controler cleanup and fixes
* mms command 0x20 support, bugfixes
* concatenated asf streams support
* fix performance issue with wav demuxer and compressed data
* fix mpeg 2 audio frame parsing (mpeg_audio demuxer)
* fix segmentation fault in mms when iconv_open fails
* allow lazy loading of Sun mediaLib (configure --enable-mlib-lazyload)
* clugged security hole in RIP input plugin - all saved data are
stored into one dir now, default save directory is empty what means
disable saving (problem reported by Michiel Toneman, many thanks)
* the former VCDX plugin is now the default VCD plugin which opens up
a world of new features for VCD users (the old plugin is still
available as VCDO)
* documentation (xine hacker's guide) has undergone a major update
I wish you a lot of fun with this update,