60 lines (44 with data), 2.0 kB
...just collecting ideas here
(roughly ordered by priority - which doesn't necessarily have any influence
on the order in which they get fixed/implemented)
ideas / feature requests
- hierarchical playlists (for playlist files in the playlist)
- make main window skinnable
- doable to some extent via gxine-specific gtkrc & XML
- add commands to wait for various events to script engine
- "end of stream" is done
- Don't "rewind" the movie when "stop" is pressed - blank the window only.
- Eject button (replacing current stop button)?
- Which 'live' streams are pauseable?
- Definitely not the stream from vdr - it handles pausing itself.
- For pauseable streams: it's possibly useful that you can pause it then
continue minutes later (maybe after eating lots of memory) from where you
stopped - but you should be made very aware that it's no longer "live",
but more like "delayed live", so maybe there could also be a display
like: "LIVE -2:45". (Fast-forward would also be possible for a delayed
- One for xine-lib, I think.
- clear log
It'd have to clear only the shown text, I think. (Timestamps in libxine?)
- auto-show and auto-hide toolbar
Based on pointer position; needs a timeout, poss. also a pointer shape change.
- keyboard shortcut profiles, or at least equivalent shortcuts;
[rourke on #xine]
- frame single-stepping
[roguebug on #xine]
- 'skip' buttons
- some sort of UI editor
[kalikiana on #xfce]
* Mediamarks aren't very useful for DVDs (dvd:/). I get the impression
that mediamarks are primarily intended for bookmarking the addresses of
online broadcast stations, true?
* Support nvtv TV-out (as xine-ui 0.9.13 does).
(I don't have the hardware for this. Anybody? [DS])
* When the stream in non-seekable, or when no stream is loaded
- hide or disable the slider bar
- need to log widgets associated with the slider adjustment object