66 lines (44 with data), 2.3 kB
...just collecting ideas and bug reports here
(roughly ordered by priority - which doesn't necessarily have any influence
on the order in which they get fixed/implemented)
- Info area below display is empty while playing a DVD even though there
is at least a little info to report about a DVD.
- When playback is stopped, the seek indicator stays in the same place.
This is unsightly. It should be reset to the start of the seek bar.
ideas / feature requests
- hierarchical playlists (for playlist files in the playlist)
- message event support for DVD error messages
- make main window skinnable
- iconified mode for audio only playback?
Probably not needed - the video widget can be hidden automatically.
- add command to wait for stream end and other events to script engine
- Don't "rewind" the movie when "stop" is pressed - blank the window only.
- Eject button (replacing current stop button)?
- Playlist next/previous (want GTK+2.6 icons)
- Which 'live' streams are pauseable?
- Definitely not the stream from vdr - it handles pausing itself.
- For pauseable streams: it's possibly useful that you can pause it then
continue minutes later (maybe after eating lots of memory) from where you
stopped - but you should be made very aware that it's no longer "live",
but more like "delayed live", so maybe there could also be a display
like: "LIVE -2:45". (Fast-forward would also be possible for a delayed
- clear log
It'd have to clear only the shown text, I think. (Timestamps in libxine?)
* In the Manage Mediamarks dialog box, I cut a mediamark and then pasted
it...and then it pasted again...ooooh...gxine didn't like that. Playback
continues just fine but the GUI is completely frozen with the paste button
* Mediamarks aren't very useful for DVDs (dvd:/). I get the impression
that mediamarks are primarily intended for bookmarking the addresses of
online broadcast stations, true?
* Support nvtv TV-out (as xine-ui 0.9.13 does).
(I don't have the hardware for this. Anybody? [DS])
* When the stream in non-seekable, or when no stream is loaded
- hide the slider bar knob (and possibly also the slider bar itself)?